Friday 31 December 2010

Advertising in of the year 2010

Felt I should do a quick round up of advertising this year. Except all the booze & mince pies has put me in a carb coma & I have definitely killed some brain cells. So my top ads to mention are those that sit at the front of my memory for now..


The year can't go by with out a mention of the use of technology brought to consumers outdoors. From digital posters, augmented reality, apps on the go, and gps technology, advertising found many new ways to speak to it's target audience. One of my favourite was the use of 3D & 4D projection mapping as hyped about by the Ralph Lauren launch and this visual spectacular for H & M Amsterdam. For me, it really presents the consumer with a piece of theatre so that the brand communication does not even feel like advertising. Here an old historic building was transformed into  a magical dolls house filled with surreal toys and fashion.




Another to mention was the very realistic creation of the Evian babies by Euro RSCG which had the viral hits reach millions.
I also have to mention the very real focus groups filmed for the Sony Xperia phonesets which I covered here. Still find the whole campaign very clever and funny.
But commercially, to top the year off would have to be the rap for Yeo Valley! with the hip owl rotating it's neck.
Happy New year peeps!


No comments: